Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Owl Princess

Another Art Challenge with friends. This time the topic was: The Owl. Mine is an Owl Princess as you can see.


close up:


I wanted to practice painting flowers. Which was stupid. I used lots of custom brushes for the foliage. I also used a ref for the owl and wings (random google image), as I never painted one. And a ref for flowers, of course (my own). Or actually a few. And I think I based initial tiara design on some photo, but I changed it so much, I'm not sure if it even resembles it. I still don't know what got into me that I decided to paint such complicated foliage.

I'm quite happy with her owl-face. And it was fun to do something more stylised and painterly this time :)

6 comments:

ElectronicRainbow - sickly sweet said...

Beautiful! <3 I love how the eyes of the girl and the owl match.
Seriously, all your works are fantastic!

vin. said...

Thanks! That's a great compliment :)

Anonymous said...

śliczne! Bardzo mi się te kwiaty podobają, myśle, że warto było ; )

vin. said...

dzięki :) no, sporo się nauczyłam pewnie, ale to jednak było cholernie frustrujące ;)

Carmen Silza said...

Vin,me encanta tu arte,la forma de plasmar,genial...Quisiera saber,si puedo utilizar algunas de tus pinturas en mi bloc...Si no puede ser, no pasa nada....Por supuesto poniendo el nombre del autor...
Mi bloc,http://rodaryvolar-carmen.blogspot.com/.
Espero tu contestación.Gracias

Blogger said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It is really the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 42 lbs less than us.

(By the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING to about "how" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

CLICK on this link to uncover if this quick test can help you discover your true weight loss potential